Nyrstar's management has a strategy aimed at positioning the business for a sustainable future as a leading metals processing business. Through its deep market insight and unique processing capabilities, Nyrstar aims to generate superior returns by extracting the maximum value inherent in the mineral resources and by-products it processes.
Accordingly, Nyrstar has developed a coordinated approach to redeveloping and operating its asset portfolio to optimize the concentrate feed into its smelters, maximize minor and precious metal extraction, and enhance the margins of its end-product mix. To realize its strategy, management has determined the following strategic priorities:
1. Selectively invest in existing smelter network to allow the processing of higher margin feeds
2. Redevelop Port Pirie metal recovery and refining facility to maximize the value from concentrates and residues
3. Streamline the asset base with a focus on smelting operations
4. Strengthen and maintain a more conservative balance sheet
5. Optimize the feed book of raw materials
6. Improve end product mix and integration with key end users