Human Resources Generalist- Entry Level
The Entry-level HR Generalist is assisting with all functions across the full spectrum Human Resources discipline. The position is responsible for coordinating day-to-day HR matters: as a subject matter expert on our Group Benefits assists associates with their inquiries. Works closing with all members of the Human Resources Team expanding their depth and breadth of HR knowledge along the way.
- Flawlessly maintains accurate data in our administrative systems (SAP, Success Factors etc.)
- Assists with all aspects of the Recruitment Process.
- Ensures effective onboarding and induction of new employees.
- Manages the administration of all terminations on site in line with Nyrstar and legislative requirements.
- Coordinate leave in line with company policy and government regulations to include FMLA management.
- Ensure the accuracy of reports such as absenteeism and attendance.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal legislative requirements
- Assists in managing the benefits function with administration of our effective payroll coordination; health care, 401k, Short-term disability and other benefits.
- Serves as a back-up for the management of pension data for active retirees and term-vested employees to include processing pension applications for payment and communication of any necessary pension maintenance to Third-party Administrators.
- Assist in ensuring Human Resource policies are well communicated to employees.
- Support line managers through the performance management process
- Assist in auditing compliance with benefits and payroll policies and procedures and make improvement recommendations, ensuring implementation and monitoring of corrective action.
- Ensure reporting and recording requirements are maintained accurately and on time and that communication channels for relaying information to appropriate personnel are maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is required
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources is required
- 2+ years of experience in Industrial Settings is preferred
- Microsoft products, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Makes working safely with regard to the environment a way of life, by pro-actively eliminating potential dangers that pose a hazard for self, others or the environment
- Quickly learns and applies information, knowledge and skills
- Expresses information and ideas clearly and concisely, and confirms understanding
- Demonstrates that efforts to add value for customers (both internal and external) and respond to their needs are of critical importance
- Flexibility when situations arise that disrupt your planned agenda
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together
- Understands the impact of actions and decisions on both people and other parts of the organization
- Works cooperatively with others and ensures team effectiveness
- Perseveres with a task or plan when faced with obstacles or adversity
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of tasks, information and activities
- Effectively manages own time by planning activities and setting priorities
- Strives for high standards of performance for self and/or others
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.