Plan minor and major maintenance jobs using the SAP system including parts, procedures, time estimates, manpower requirements, arrange for special tools, equipment and contractors needed to execute the work. Actively seek feedback for continuous improvement.
- Plan the jobs so they can be executed as safely as possible. Conduct regular safety interactions.
- Focus on quality – Prepared to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
- Support establishment and refinement of maintenance strategies, in consultation with Production, Maintenance and OEM’s to ensure that PM’s and routine component replacement activities will deliver the desired equipment performance – e.g. equipment availability/reliability targets.
- Develop, optimize and utilize standard job plans (resources, parts, tooling, task lists) for routine maintenance activities, based on site experience and OEM input.
- Provide quality work packages to the Maintenance Supervisors for all routine maintenance activities to ensure quality and efficient work execution. Seek detailed work completion information from the Maintenance Team Leaders and resolve any issues as necessary.
- Reviews work orders for planned work, scheduled start date and released status, ensuring the work orders to meet resource requirements, materials and tooling requirements.
- Based on work schedules, coordinates requisition of all predetermined parts, materials and special tools and ensures that equipment to be worked on will be available and ready. Arranges for any safety inspection, fire and standby watch.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete maintenance work along with manpower requirements.
- Optimize Preventative Maintenance program and coordinate with Predictive Maintenance Program.
- Conduct regular field audits to observe the execution and discuss the quality of the plans with Craftsmen & Supervisors.
- Track history of critical components.
- Maintain coding in SAP to ensure an accurate equipment history is kept in the CMMS system.
- Have a good understanding of what the Work management KPIs mean and how they are calculated
- Conduct regular reviews of all Critical Spares in area of responsibility.
- Work with the warehouse group to ensure parts are stocked as needed and delivered
- Work closely with the Reliability department when creating or modifying tactics.
- (5) years of maintenance experience in a plant environment.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired.
- Use of SAP and Planning/Scheduling principals.
- Microsoft products, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of communicating with and influencing all levels of the organization.
- Effective team leadership/membership skills.
- Advanced computer skills, strong data acquisition and analysis skills. (Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Power BI)
- Commitment to health, safety, environment and sustainable development
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Ability to positively influence peers and management in improving asset management
- Passion for delivering excellence in learning, developing systems and outcomes
- Flexible and adaptable
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and positively influence, motivate, and educate others in their business roles
- Must have good problem solving and analytical skills
- Develop more efficient methods of performing maintenance job functions
- Be self-motivated to research and identify solutions to questions.
- Collaborate with other planners to identify best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Provide reports from SAP to confirm performance.
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.