Manage the performance of the Maintenance Department in a safe and cost-effective manner. Maximize equipment availability and reliability through development and implementation of strategies that lead to continuous improvement in maintenance performance.
- Unwavering Commitment to Safety Leadership
- Ensure adherence to overall maintenance strategy based on analytical maintenance regimes and the use of a common maintenance management system.
- Foster activities leading to continuous improvement in maintenance performance.
- Upgrade the skills of employees through the identification of skill gaps and the provision of training and development.
- On-going collaboration, monitoring of service levels and taking prompt remedial action if requirements are not met or are at risk.
- Achieve on-going performance improvements. Ensure a focus within areas of responsibility and defined performance measures through the analysis of deviations.
- Implement and maintain Environment and Safety procedures to achieve site and departmental objectives.
- Effective communication with Operations and Reliability personnel and to carry that communication throughout the maintenance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with 5+ years of supervisory experience
- or Extensive Career Progression in the Maintenance Field in a Heavy Industrial Environment
- Strong Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
- Experience leading a multi-level department of Skilled Trades Associates
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Budgeting Experience is a plus
- Experience in Smelting is a plus
- Experience in Zinc is a plus
- Confident and Respective Communication Style.
- Expresses information and ideas clearly and concisely while confirming understanding.
- Identifies or makes sound decisions based on an understanding of business principles and practices.
- Driver of Positive Change and Organizational Development.
- Demonstrates that efforts to add value for customers (both internal and external) and responds to their needs with a sense of urgency.
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish long range plans or goals.
- Understands the impact of actions and decisions on both people and other parts of the organization.
- Works cooperatively with others and ensures team effectiveness.
- Creates and communicates an inspiring view of the future that sets direction and encourages achievement and commitment to team goals.
- Strives for high standards of performance for self and/or others.
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.