Maintenance Technician (E&C)
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
- Reports to the Electrical Superintendent
- Team member must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. “Safety First” expectations include, but are not limited to, compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures
- This position requires the employee to work with limited supervision
- Willing to work and take call ins all shifts including holidays and weekends when demanded by the job
- Must be able to adhere to the published work schedule while being flexible in hours based on workload
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist during work activities.
- Capable of trouble shooting automation control problems and improve system performance in manufacturing environment.
- Ensures site is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and electrical safety statutes.
- Must be able to use hand tools on a daily basis such as power tools, Multimeter, Calibrator, Field Communicator, Power Logger, Oscilloscope
- Work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment when needed
- Must be able to utilize industrial powered vehicles (RTFL, Forklift, Aerial Lift, Scissor Lift)
- Work near equipment with high levels of electrical incident energy
- Must have a working knowledge and proficiency with installing, repairing and maintaining industrial electrical components and equipment. Lighting, electrical protective devices, motors, inverters, soft starts, wye-delta systems, generators along with Relay and ethernet based control; Must have a working knowledge of schematics, mathematics, preventive/predictive technologies, basic computer literacy, safe electrical test and measurement best practices
- Must have an awareness and be able to perform calibration and documentation of functions pertaining to the key elements of: Flow Measurement, Level Measurement, Pressure, Temperature, Analytical Instrumentation; Must be able to troubleshoot process control loops – using key elements and specialized testing equipment
- Must have an awareness and be able to perform functions pertaining to: Terminating motor starters, control & power wires; Cut, thread, bend and install raceway, conduit and cable trays in an industrial setting; Install wire through raceway and cable trays.
- Maintenance and Isolation of various electrical power apparatus including Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers, High Voltage Transformers, Instrument Transformers, Grounding Systems, Meters, Relays.
- Interpret electrical layout drawings, cable routing and schedule drawings as required while completing defined projects.
- Journeyman Electrician preferred, associates in Electrical Technology a plus
- 2 – 5 years of work experience in the electrical, instrument and controls field
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer