Plant Electrical & Controls Engineer
The purpose of the role is to work with Maintenance/Reliability and operational personnel. The role is to support operations by returning equipment/production as quickly as possible. The plant engineer would work on short term engineering solutions, which typically take the engineering/reliability teams away from their primary duties.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure completion of work to satisfy engineering requests.
- Lead / participate in research, information gathering, from vendors and supporting the development of both short and long term investments.
- Provide technical resources to production departments responsible for selection of electrical equipment, instruments, and control devices.
- Creation of electrical layout drawings, cable sizing and selection, routing and schedule drawings as required while completing defined projects.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist during work activities.
- Maintain the site drawing and equipment information systems.
- Capable of trouble shooting automation control problems and improve system performance in manufacturing environment.
- Ensures site is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and electrical safety statutes.
- Provide technical training and support for the Maintenance Technicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical and controls systems maintenance, preferably in heavy industry. Knowledge of medium voltage systems, motor drives and process instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Strong working ability with AUTOCAD & MS Office (spreadsheets, project planners, charting etc.)
- Experience in SAP PM preferred
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.