The role reports to the Laboratory Team Leader and is responsible for undertaking chemical and instrumental analysis, in accordance with the procedures and techniques detailed in Laboratory Quality Manual for Zinc Smelter processes.
- Operate laboratory equipment in accordance with operating procedures and manufacturers operating manuals
- Adhere to Laboratory Quality Manual procedures to provide quality assurance support for site
- Provide accurate and timely chemical analysis support to internal and external customers
- Maintain accurate required laboratory records
- Ensure maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment through coordination with appropriate maintenance support staff and vendors
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry preferred, Associates in Science strongly preferred with at least one year of college level chemistry required.
- 1-3 years general laboratory experience preferred
- Instrumental experience a plus
- LIMS experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Solid multitasking skills and ability to work in fast paced work environment a must.
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.