The purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the Operations group to assist in improving process stability and on-line time. The Process Engineer will undertake projects that promote a continuous improvement culture and drive productivity improvements. Will work closely with the Operations team to understand issues and find root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Provides technical support to plant production departments as directed by Technical Superintendent.
- Monitors KPI’s and proactively implements corrective actions to increase on-line time of process.
- Conducts the appropriate pre-task risk assessments and intervening with co-workers as necessary to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Maintains and monitors departmental SPC charts and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Continually analyses plant capacity and proactively address any potential bottlenecks.
- Develops and implements corrective actions and process improvements to maintain a continuous improvement culture.
- Develops and contributes to the implementation of capital projects.
- Conducts field research and works with operators to better understand the processes and problems encountered in day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, a concentration in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering Technology is preferred.
- Two to five years in a similar technical/support role.
- Some exposure to metallurgical processes desired.
- Highly demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills
- Strong working ability with MS Office (Excel, spreadsheets, project planners, charting etc.)
- Experience in problem solving methodologies i.e., Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in SAP preferred
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February 2021.
We look forward hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer