Process Engineer- Chemical
Process Engineer - Chemical
The purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the Operations group to assist in improving process stability and on-line time. The Process Engineer will undertake projects that promote a continuous improvement culture and drive productivity improvements. Will work closely with the Operations team to understand issues and find root cause and implement corrective actions.
Taking responsibility for equipment maintenance, the successful candidate must have a proven track record of safe work practices.
- Provides technical support to plant production departments as directed by Technical Manager.
- Monitors KPI’s and proactively implements corrective actions to increase on-line time of process.
- Conducts the appropriate pre-task risk assessments and intervening with co-workers as necessary to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Maintains and monitors departmental SPC charts and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Continually analyses plant capacity and proactively address any potential bottlenecks.
- Develops and implements corrective actions and process improvements to maintain a continuous improvement culture.
- Develops and contributes to the implementation of capital projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a concentration in metallurgy, chemical engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- Two to five years in a similar technical/support role.
- Some exposure to metallurgical processes desired.
- Highly demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills
- Strong working ability with MS Office (spreadsheets, project planners, charting etc.)
- Experience in SAP preferred
COMPETITIVE WAGE AND BENEFITS TO INCLUDE:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401k Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Required PPE Furnished
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Work Uniforms Furnished and Laundered
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.