Industrial Maintenance Craftsperson
Our Production Manager leads the Clarksville Smelter production operations with a world class safety culture while achieving the plans for volume, cost and quality. Further provide supervision and development of production superintendents through mentoring and coaching.
- Leads by example and requires world class safety standards.
- Serves as a member of site management team reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Ensures a safe workplace where operations can be performed with minimal risk of injury or loss to self or others.
- Ensure Operations have no impact on the environment as defined in the site permits.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping within the Operations area.
- Provide effective leadership that clearly communicates direction and focus for the Production teams.
- Manages performance and career development of the Operations Teams to ensure necessary skills and competencies to meet operational requirements.
- Manage the development of budgets and plans to deliver (long / med / short) term targets.
- Manages site Operations to achieve agreed production parameters through coordinating the efforts of individual Departments.
- Directs improvements to site processes that create added value to Operations performance.
- Mitigates process risk throughout the Operations area.
- Bachelor’s Degree firmly required, a concentration in metallurgy or chemistry highly preferred.
- Seven to ten years in a leadership role.
- Extremely organized; capable of leading across multiple departments performing complex processes.
- Highly demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills.
- Strong working ability with MS office, experience in SAP is a plus.
- Displays strength of character in both independent and team efforts.
- Breaks situations into their essential elements to identify key issues and develop solutions.
- Makes sound decisions based on an understanding of business principles and practices.
- Drives for and implements effective change, and readily adapts to change.
- Expresses information and ideas clearly and concisely, and confirms understanding.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency to respond to our customer’s needs.
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together.
- Understands the impact of actions and decisions on the entire organization.
IWritten applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.