Project Engineer- Electrical Engineering
Project Engineer - Electrical Engineering
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement plans to ensure completion of work to satisfy engineering requests and provide technical resources to production departments. This will be accomplished through involvement with contractor activities related to assigned projects, and in support of the Engineering Superintendent to ensure maximization of site equipment availability and reliability.
- Drive the investments on new industrial initiatives and other changes necessary to improve production efficiency, quality and operational safety.
- Lead / participate in research, information gathering, obtaining quotes from vendors and supporting the development of both short and long term investments.
- Follow and report the status of a project. Schedules and any suggested revisions should be reviewed. Any changes to a project's plan or schedule shall be documented.
- Lead project review meetings during the course of a project.
- Establish and executing project task lists to keep projects moving forward according each project's plan.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist with the project.
- Travel may be required to support the projects as assigned.
- Project deployment and a successful startup with continuous support, deploy inside project financials, achieve project timelines, comply or exceed quality targets encompassed in the project scope.
- Provides technical support to plant production departments as directed by Engineer Superintendent.
- Maintenance of site drawings and drawing systems.
- Movement of projects from the request to completion.
- Design of system improvements, including conceptual drawing capabilities along with review and finalization.
- Close involvement with the External Services Department, providing guidance and input on project implementation.
- Participation in the planning and implementation of major shutdowns to achieve timing and budget.
- Involvement with contractor activities, reporting regularly to the Engineering Superintendent.
- Implement and maintain Environmental and Safety procedures to achieve site and departmental objectives.
- Achieve on-going performance improvement for the department through a focus on defined performance measures and the analysis of deviations and consultation with sources of expertise.
- Leading cross-functional project teams of Engineers, Suppliers and Production Leaders.
- Strong project management, problem solving and decision making skills and abilities, Lean Enterprise or Continuous Improvement background is a requirement.
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering is firmly required.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a related role.
- Highly demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills.
- Strong working ability with MS Office (spreadsheets, project planners, charting etc).
- Experience in SAP preferred.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.