The Shutdown Planner is directly responsible for the maintenance asset strategy scheduling and coordination of all shutdown repair activities. These duties must be performed to ensure a safe and productive environment. Verify work instructions and ensure work practices contain all information to complete task(s) safely and efficiently. Duties also include implementation and management of maintenance plans and task list within SAP. Provide support, analysis of maintenance strategy to support lowest cost per ton at the desired availability, which supports the overall goal of lowest total cost of ownership and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Focus on quality – Prepared to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
- Support establishment and refinement of maintenance strategies, in consultation with Production, Maintenance and OEM’s to ensure that PM’s and routine component replacement activities will deliver the desired equipment performance – e.g. equipment availability/reliability targets.
- Develop, optimize and utilize standard job plans (resources, parts, tooling, task lists) for shutdown maintenance activities, based on site experience and OEM input.
- Ensure that all shutdown maintenance activities (labor, BOM’s, SJP’s, costs, etc.) are uploaded and maintained in SAP and the budgeting tool.
- Liaise with warehouse personnel to expedite external parts and contractor labor suppliers, where necessary.
- Schedule all shutdown maintenance activities (work orders) in consultation with Production and Maintenance, including short-term changes to the maintenance schedules based upon Production, Maintenance and Supply requirements.
- Provide quality work packs to the Maintenance Supervisors for all shutdown maintenance activities to ensure quality and efficient work execution. Seek detailed work completion information from the Maintenance Team Leaders and resolve any issues as necessary.
- Report on standard maintenance measures – namely; availability, mean time to repair duration, mean time between maintenance, on a monthly basis.
- Supports the Maintenance Planner ensuring that all routine maintenance activities are appropriately planned (resources, parts, tooling) and scheduled (with Production and Maintenance) so that the work progresses in a safe, efficient and repeatable manner.
- Reviews work orders for planned work, scheduled start date and released status, ensuring the work orders to meet resource requirements, materials and tooling requirements.
- Using SAP, properly sequence all work order activities, assets, resource requirements into a shutdown schedule which will be utilized by the team leaders to facilitate orderly execution of all repair activities.
- On the basis of work schedules, coordinates requisition of all predetermined parts, materials and special tools and ensures that equipment to be worked on will be available and ready. Arranges for any safety inspection, fire and standby watch.
- Maintains a list of planned work orders requiring equipment to be down, so that some or all can be performed in the event of an unscheduled outage. The lists, by asset, are reviewed and updated weekly
- Prepare and distribute the complete work order package which includes all the appropriate standard job plans.
- Attend morning meeting to understand current status & priority, parts issues, required schedule changes. Updating the schedule as required.
- Presents the list of jobs during a shutdown meeting and identifies potential interference with other areas in the plant.
- High School Diploma or GED, minimum; desired: Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification or Bachelor qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of practical experience in the maintenance industry, preferably in a smelter environment; 2 years’ experience with computer based maintenance planning / scheduling
- Proficiency in SAP, budgeting tool, scheduling tool and Microsoft Office Suite
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.