Manage the performance of the Reliability and Planning Department in a safe and cost-effective manner. Maximize equipment availability and reliability through development and implementation of strategies that lead to continuous improvement in maintenance performance and longevity of our Assets.
- Unwavering Commitment to Safety Leadership
- Effective communication with Maintenance and Operations personnel and ensure that communication is carried throughout the Reliability department.
- Develop, document and implement processes aimed at improving fixed, rotating, and mobile equipment reliability.
- Manage the Reliability department within the Asset management organization
- Direct supervision and of the Reliability Engineers, Planners and Schedulers, and the PdM Team.
- Develop, document and formalize best practices along with specifications to ensure equipment reliability.
- Provide leadership in RCFA, RCM and FMEA’s
- Build upon existing predictive and other non-destructive testing to drive proactive maintenance
- Analyze maintenance and equipment breakdown patterns, and develops recommended procedures, policies to predict and prevent maintenance issues.
- Define and implement precision maintenance practices and expectations. Establish technical training program for maintainers.
- Work with Engineering to ensure new or modified equipment is designed for Reliability, Operability, and Maintainability.
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Provide leadership to the core teams in planning and scheduling of maintenance activities.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) – Mechanical/Reliability Engineering
- 8 years’ experience in an industrial setting and supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Facilitation skills
- RCM skills
- SAP experience
- RCA skills
- FMEA skills
- Budgeting Experience is a plus
- Experience in Smelting is a plus
- Experience in Zinc is a plus
- Confident and respective communication style.
- Expresses information and ideas clearly and concisely while confirming understanding.
- Identifies or makes sound decisions based on an understanding of business principles and practices.
- Driver of Positive Change and Organizational Development.
- Demonstrates that efforts to add value for customers (both internal and external) and responds to their needs with a sense of urgency.
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish long range plans or goals.
- Understands the impact of actions and decisions on both people and other parts of the organization.
- Works cooperatively with others and ensures team effectiveness.
- Creates and communicates an inspiring view of the future that sets direction and encourages achievement and commitment to team goals.
- Strives for high standards of performance for self and/or others.
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.