Team Leader – Roaster/Acid Department
Reporting to the Roaster/Acid Superintendent, the Team Leader is accountable for managing the operations of the Team to achieve agreed OHS&E, production and budget targets. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to safety leadership!
- Manage team compliance with Nyrstar Clarksville, Operations, Health, Safety and Environmental, OHS&E policies to ensure a safe workplace where operations can be performed with minimal risk of injury or loss to self, others and Company Assets.
- Train and coach team members in accordance with site and departmental Standard Operating Procedures, SOP’s.
- Lead Team (eight plus members) and Manage Performance with open and respectful communications.
- Document Key Performance Samples, KPS’s. Positive KPS’s to acknowledge outstanding contributions and coaching KPS’s to provide guidance for improvement.
- Manage and maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the department.
- Manage Team and individual performance to ensure targets are met.
- Monitor and trouble-shoot process to ensure quality
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the department. Take ownership and partner with appropriate resources to achieve results.
- Evaluate operating costs in the context of your team. Identify opportunities for cost savings, plan and execute cost saving initiatives.
- Manage team operations achieving and exceeding, when possible, production and performance targets while never compromising Safety.
- Remains calm when targets change, resources shift and unexpected challenges arise in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain payroll exceptions and other administrative tasks.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree, in scientific or leadership field preferred
- Supervisory experience in an industrial setting preferred
- Roaster/Acid Department operating experience is a plus
- Excellent Teaming Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.