Business and Hedge Controller
The role is a key member of the Accounting and Business Controlling team in Budel Headquarters of Nyrstar: The person’s focus will be on hedge and treasury controlling activities and the commercial controlling activities (risks, controls and processes) of the group and how they impact the financial accounting of the Group.
The person will liaise closely with all commercial and logistic functions as well as with the Nyrstar site finance teams to identify and mitigate key financial risks while addressing control and process gaps and establishing a Nyrstar control framework.
- Ensuring that the hedging result of the Group is properly understood and documented and the Group complies with the hedge accounting requirements of IFRS 9.
- Support identification of key financial and commercial risks, establishment of a framework of key controls and to address improvement potentials in processes where required and as needed.
- Analyze and verify commercial processes from a finance perspective to ensure alignment with the identified risk profile and required key controls.
- Regularly review and analyse the key commercial transactions and contro to ensure that they are reported properly by the Group.
- Will follow up and ensure sustainable continuous improvements of the financial reporting and processes in other functions that have a direct link to finance (mainly commercial processes).
- Support the Finance Manager Commercial and Corporate in establishing business partnering with the commercial functions and acting as a liaison to the site finance teams.
- Organizes action plans to meet identified deadlines and compliance requirements.
- Will need to create excellent working network across the corporate and corporate functions, in particular the commercial functions and the business analysis team.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Controlling.
- Project management and LEAN qualifications are a plus.
- 5-8 (or more) years in a similar role
- Strong accounting, controlling and process background
- Very good knowledge and understanding of key processes (especially Order To Cash and Procurement To Pay)
- Experience in the metals industry a plus but not must
- Process improvement experience (e.g. LEAN and other organizational developments) a plus
- Project management experience
- Audit background (internal and external audit) a plus
- Strong command of Excel including complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience in managing effective data management projects
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Very good SAP experience required (FICO - MM and SD a plus)
- Fluent in English.
- Keen to learn and grow.
- Team player, with the willingness to outperform and to seek for solutions in a constrained environment.
- Flexible, determined, with strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to manage small improvement projects (around processes and procedures) within due deadlines.
- Open, honest and driven personality.
- Passionate to operate effective and efficient in a changing environment.
Facilitation to attend professional training/education will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your CV: HR.CorporateOffice@nyrstar.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.