Business Analyst FP&A
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Department plays a crucial role within the Finance Department:
- Owner of Group management reporting framework
- Maintain rules and compliance to Group management reporting standards for internal & external reporting
- Oversight of Group wide Business analysis function
- Key liaison with IT to maintain system integrity for Group management reporting
- Operational coordination of consolidated monthly management reporting, and annual budget processes
- Support for other finance functions; Group Accounting, Treasury, Tax and IR on an as needs basis
- Direct ad-hoc support to CFO and NMC on management reporting and Group financial analysis
The Business Analysts of the FP&A cover following areas:
- Strategic financial planning and analysis
- Produce monthly/quarterly management reporting on operational and financial results, consolidated/per site
- Develop and interpret financial data/analysis in conjunction with operations management to make recommendations for business and cost improvement
- Develop models and coordinate discussion to support strategic operational analyses, including business viability evaluations, operational modifications and marketing evaluations
- Maintenance and operation of Group strategic financial models
- Maintenance and operation of mining valuation & impairment models
- Maintenance and operation of DTA recoverability and going concern analysis models
- Financial / operational analysis and interpretation of variances vs plans on mining/refining site results
- Support for controlling function - Provide active management, guidance, & coaching of mine/refining site BAs
- Provide site FMs/BAs with specialised analysis
- Build mining/smelting variance analysis models
- Coordinate budget cycle
The Business analyst FP&A will report to the Head of FP&A.
Internal relationships: Accounting Department, IT, Compliance, Operations, Senior Finance Management, Treasury, Technical teams on sites.
External relationship: Cash management banks, Facility Agents and Programme Banks, Financing Banks and Institutions, Legal Advisers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- 5-10 years of experience in a financial/analytical role
- Mining or metal smelting experience highly desirable
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Numerically minded - Excel, cashflow modelling, ability to handle and treat and large amount of data, macros
- Objectives focussed, ability to handle multiple objectives efficiently
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- Strong/resolute personality
- Adaptable with ability to take on ideas and concepts in a short period of time
- Accuracy with speed, attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your CV - firstname.lastname@example.org (HR Officer). We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.