Global IT Operations Engineer
The Global IT Operations Engineer role is a level 3 technical support role that operates in an environment with very fluid requirements. From a technology standpoint the focus of the role is to support and maintain IT solutions that are in production but don’t yet have a formalised support model.
Working with the Group Manager – Operations and Architecture, Global Operations Lead the goal is to support the immediate needs of the business users with the adoption of the solutions and at the same time support the development and implementation of robust and sustainable support models.
Within the support scope, the Engineer will be required to engage primarily with Regional IT support teams and the Service Desk however will be required to engage with Business Users globally as required.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day Incident and Requests assigned to the global Operations Group
- Be accountable for the resolution of Incidents and Fulfilment of Requests assigned to Global Operations within the agreed SLAs
- Co-ordinate with the vendors, solution architects, Local IT teams and the Service Desk to deliver outcomes for end users
- Contribute to the design implementation and improvement of support processes and the transitioning solutions
- Create and maintain knowledge content designed to support user adoption and support capabilities through the support model
- Demonstrate flexibility in support hours due to multiregional environment
- Effective and timely managements of Incidents and Requests for the solutions in scope
- Engage with Business users face to face and/or over the phone to investigate and resolve issues
- Collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the desirable outcomes
- Adhere to and uphold the company’s IT service management processes
- Business Users Globally
- Local IT teams Globally
- Business Leaders, Solution Architects, Service Owners
- External Partners (i.e datacentre, Service desk)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an IT support role, preferably in a multi-national, multi-lingual organization
- A sound understanding of ITIL and the application of Incident, Request, Change and Problem management
- Mid-level competency and certification in 4 ofin the following
- Active Directory / Azure AD
- Office 365 Tenant support and management
- Exchange Management
- PowerShell Scripting
- Azure Hosting
- SharePoint Online and Teams
- Experience with Service Now is a plusadvantageous
- Advanced use of Excel and MS Access, knowledge of VBA a plus
- Very strong end-user and customer oriented mindset
- Professional and positive attitude, including excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong workload prioritisation and multi-tasking ability
- Good command of English, other languages a bonus
- Dyamic, positive attitude, self-motivated, able to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, being comfortable in a highly collaborative environment
- Abilty to cope with conflicting demands and distristractions while maintaining focus on deliverables
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your CV - email@example.com (HR Officer). We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.