PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THE JOB
To analyse, report and maintain supply chain processes and design efficient, money-saving solutions for every step of the chain.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF JOB HOLDER
Safety, Health & Environment
Maintain a safe working environment
- Collect Data - collect data on every step of the supply chain, from receipt to delivery, and maintain databases to safely store information
- Analyze Supply Chain - analyze all steps of the supply chain. This includes looking at statistical data and transportation routes to spot ways to streamline logistics and maximize company profits
- Monitor Shipments - monitor shipments and trace shipment routes to ensure that the most efficient shipping and delivery methods are used for every delivery
- Investigate Delivery Issues - investigate late delivery claims from customers, following the path of the shipment from receipt to delivery to spot problems and verify customer claims
- Assist Customers - assist customers with tracking shipments and address any problems or complaints they have with deliveries
- Write Reports - create reports showing supply and shipping routes, cost analysis, and other supply chain data. These reports may be presented to upper-level management executives
- Make Suggestions - make suggestions to all staff members involved in the supply chain to find ways to reduce costs and increase company profits
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, transportation, business, industrial engineering, or a similar field of study
- Proven past work experience in logistics and supply chain management analysis and reporting
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES & ABILITIES
- Analytical thinking – to study data and compile it into clear, concise reports
- Computer skills –use advanced computer skills to perform online research, trace shipments, collect data, and perform analysis of various pieces of information
- Communication skills –talk to customers and staff members, create reports, and give presentations, strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Attention to detail –analyze many pieces of data and shipping routes, which requires good attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills –find the best shipping routes and manage customer concerns, so employers seek professionals who are strong problem-solvers
- Mathematics –math skills to analyze budget data and look for ways to reduce costs and increase profits
- Financial base knowledge is a plus
- SAP, Power BI, Transporeon and other Logistics related software experience also a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.