Regional Network Lead
The role requires the facilitation of the effective networking of all IT and communications infrastructure including:
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards Provide OT network infrastructure and design support for routing/switching equipment across the Europe region.
- Provide IT/OT network infrastructure and design support for safety and security equipment when required.
- Provide IT/OT network troubleshooting and support for network related problems.
- Work with site IT personnel to ensure Operational Technology network designs and standard practices comply and integrate with IT business systems and data transfer standards.
- Perform ‘hands-on’ network/cybersecurity/wireless assessment, design and implementation of simple and complex process automation and/or discrete controls networks for a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Articulate impact to and requirements of the Process Control Network as it relates to PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, condition monitoring, etc. technologies and applications.
- Act as liaison between the Business Systems (IT) department and the Asset Management and Operations Technology (OT) teams.
- Preferably provide installation and configuration services for Distributed Control Systems (DCS) solutions (i.e. FactoryTalk View, Wonderware, etc).
- Write detailed documentation that include user needs, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation requirements in order to develop or modify network and/or control system infrastructure.
- Present technical findings to non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization to gain buy-in around both the concepts and the value of acting on design changes.
- Monitor IT/OT network performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues for regional sites.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution on IT/OT infrastructure.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF JOB HOLDER:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving hardware, software, and other issues affecting the network and device.
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls.
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres.
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers (GLO) and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
MAJOR OBJECTIVES AND STAKEHOLDERS
Key (3-5) Business Challenges or Objectives of the Position for the Next 12 Months
- Ensure more pro-active planning and timely start of approved network & security project initiatives.
- Undertake the restructuring of OT and IT networks to ensure correct zoning principles and segregation goals are achieved.
- Supporting new software and hardware server network upgrades.
- Updating security programs for core network components.
- Ensuring discovery of all networked devices.
- Ensure continued focus on business improvement (efficiency), data integrity and governance, automation and training as key solution enablement themes for identified and approved projects.
- Significantly improve SLA performance on service requests for functional area of responsibility in line with current incident resolution levels.
Key Stakeholders & Relationships
• Nyrstar Regional Business systems coordinator and Global Network Aerchitect
• Key End Users Network across all Nyrstar europe locations
• Relevant Steering Committees as per assigned functional area of responsibility)
• Key Vendors and Suppliers
- Minimum of 5+ years as Network Engineer or Industrial OT related jobs.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Hands-on experience configuring IT/OT equipment (Cisco, Microsoft, Allen Bradley, Schneider, etc).
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team completing full project life-cycle implementations.
- Experience with configuration of network devices including switches, routers, WIFI Access Points and Controllers, firewalls, cellular modems, ethernet radios, and server/workstations. Understanding of security configurations between business and industrial networks.
- Exposure to Industrial Control Systems and automation technologies including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications (Rockwell, Schneider or comparable platforms).
- Exposure to security mandate.
- Experience with high speed business and industrial networking, industrial protocols and technologies, 802.11 WIFI; and associated security challenges, including Ethernet/IP, VLAN configurations, bridging, routing, encryption, VCIP, and Modbus TCP.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Analytical with good attention span for detail.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate at all levels within the organization (head office and site).
• Innovative and willingness to accept and drive new improved solutions, including possible changes in the application layer.
• Logical thinker with advanced problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work under high pressure and retain focus for long periods of time.
• Personal credibility and integrity.
• Resilient - maintains performance and manages emotions in the face of pressure; demonstrates commitment, motivation and energy towards work.
• Self-directed, pro-active and self-motivated.
• Team player – works collaboratively with others and ensures team effectiveness.
• Optimistic in the face of challenge.
• Motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly.
• Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.