ServiceNow Technical Specialist
The ServiceNow specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day administration, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of the ServiceNow platform. This will include supporting processes like Request, Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Asset, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Service Portal and other service modules as well as custom scoped applications that deliver enterprise-wide business processes. The ServiceNow specialist will maintain the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform by performing application maintenance, managing support for incidents related to ServiceNow applications, addressing customer design and development requirements, contributing to ServiceNow software releases by delivering configuration tasks and features.
As a secondary responsibility the specialist will manage the Nexthink environment. No experience is required, training will be organized via the supplier.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Manage the L2 offshore team providing Servicenow support.
- Manage the project driven onshore Servicenow development partner.
- Maintain, update, and enhance the ITSM environment including incident management, request management, problem management, change management, knowledge management, service catalog, and self-service portals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all operational support issues related to a ServiceNow instance used by multiple business units within the client organization.
- Facilitate and support design, development and testing phases.
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation, making use of the knowledgebase module within ServiceNow.
- Communicate ServiceNow process, operations and capability information to all levels of management and the business.
- Activate plugins, work with UI & data policies, business rules, access control levels, alerts & notifications, import & update sets.
- Create ServiceNow reports, dashboards & homepages. Utilize Performance Analytics to collect and visualize historical data.
- Manages and resolves incidents against ServiceNow applications.
- Performs routine maintenance to include performance monitoring, error identification, remediation, instance cloning, new release and platform upgrades and instance clones.
- Manages Instance Security, User/Group Access/Access Control Lists, etc.
- Assess new releases and provide direction regarding adoption of new features. Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow and its applications using in-platform tools.
- Create and modify system workflows to match business processes.
- Experience in maintaining CMDB and assets within ServiceNow.
- Identifying areas where orchestration can be used to improve internal process.
- Create, update, and maintain connection between Active Directory and ServiceNow settings associated with LDAP, SSO Integration, and MID Server.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and products via webinars, case study, training, and all other resources available.
- Test and evaluate new ServiceNow technologies / modules / upgrades.
- Manage and administer the Nyrstar Nexthink environment focussing on expending capabilities, reporting working closely with the vendor.
MAJOR OBJECTIVES AND STAKEHOLDERS
Key Business Challenges or Objectives of the Position for the Next 12 Months
- Extension of ServiceNow CMDB
- Implementation of CSDM
- ServiceNow automation linked with Microsoft 365
- Performance SLA redefinition
Key Stakeholders & Relationships
Internal: Business Systems Solutions team, Business Systems IT Infrastructure & Operations team, Business Systems Planning, Site IT Support, Regional Business Systems Coordinators, Business Departments, Business Systems Group Manager, Internal Audit
External: Service Desk Provider, Application Maintenance & Development Provider, Global Data Centre Provider, External Audit
- Information Systems / Systems Engineering (university) degree.
- Experience in managing offshore outsourced AMD (Application Maintenance & Development) teams.
- 5+ years in ServiceNow development, configuration, and administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience in in process improvement methodologies including ITIL.
- Being able to work in a multicultural, multi time-zone environment.
- Virtual team work.
- Comfortable in a performance driven environment assuring documentation and processes followed for changes and project delivery.
- Being able to maintain the long term vision while adapting to short and mid-term changes in priority and not becoming demotivated by the dynamic business environment.
- Experience Configuring Service Now Discovery, CMDB, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Asset Management, reporting implementation, configuration and administration.
- Familiar with Service Oriented architecture and web services integration.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: ServiceNow API’s, SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS.
- Experience supporting ServiceNow integrations with third-party tools using SOAP and REST APIs.
- Experience integrating enterprise software systems.
- Experience creating system update sets, promoting and testing multiple instances into production.
- Organizational, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills with an ability to work to handle a variety of ongoing activities to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to quickly respond to changing priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of ServiceNow to configure and recommend configuration changes to improve system stability and performance.
- Experience in Platform Upgrades.
- Solid knowledge of ITIL and IT support processes in general.
- ServiceNow Discovery experience.
- Analytical with good attention span for detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate at all levels within the organization (head office and site).
- Innovative and willingness to accept and drive new improved solutions, including possible changes in the application layer.
- Logical thinker with advanced problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under high pressure and retain focus for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to prepare and maintain documentation, reports, and correspondence.
- Very strong end-user and customer oriented mindset as well as Teamwork oriented.
- Professional and positive attitude, including excellent listening and communication skills.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, able to develop quick wins, short term solutions as well as medium to long-term plans.
- Work autonomously and manage projects from design to move to operating while giving high visibility on progress, issues and risks.
- Skills and ability to manage vendors, service providers and contractors.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.