Electrical Instrumentation Technicians (Day and Shift)
Reporting to a Maintenance Team Leader, Electrical/Instrumentation Technicians provide quality and timely preventative maintenance and repairs of the plant to ensure operational targets are met in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
Facilitating a sophisticated process by maintaining complex equipment will provide a dynamic and challenging workload, and working for an exciting global organisation that values its people places you on a path with options and security.
We are looking for motivated team players with great technical skills and a flexible, can do attitude.
- Day Electrician/Instrumentation role operates on a Monday to Friday roster, commencing salary of $80,931
- Shift Electrician/Instrumentation role operates on a 2 x 12 hours day/ 2 x 12 hours night 4 day off continuous shift roster, commencing salary of $109,257
The key accountabilities of the position are:
- Routine and breakdown maintenance as well as inspection and monitoring of assets
- Maintain close liaison and co-operation with Operations teams.
- Manages the day-to-day performance and work activities of the team.
- Building strong customer focus between maintenance and operating departments.
Requirements the successful applicant will need to fill the position are:
- Demonstrated high level of safety behaviour
- Electrical & Instrumentation trade qualification
- CPR / LVR
- Advanced computer skills, in particular experience using the Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong fault finding and decision making skills
Highly regarded skills:
- HV switching qualifications or the willingness to obtain
- Hazardous area maintenance and installation or the willingness to obtain
- Shift work experience or willingness to undertake
- Confined space entry
- PLC, SCADA, DCS experience
The ideal candidate will have had at least 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role, with a strong safety background and experience repairing and maintaining electrical and instrumentation equipment.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nyrstar respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment
We look forward hearing from you.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for these positions