Electrical Plant Engineer
Hours: Monday - Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for an engineering professional to join Nyrstar Hobart Smelter in the position of Electrical Plant Engineer.
You will be an integral member of our Asset Management Team, with a primary purpose to contribute to business and process improvements by working with operational and maintenance teams to identify improvement opportunities, facilitating innovative problem solving, and providing technical expertise in the development of practical solutions.
Specifically you will be responsible for providing;
- Support to the electrical technical team and equipment preventative maintenance strategies.
- Technical support for PLC including programming, problem solving and improvement works.
- Technical support for HV infrastructure and assist with fault finding, problem solving and improvement works.
- Management and auditing of critical records for site.
- Continuous improvement methods to analyse electrical equipment and systems.
- Scopes and estimates for capital projects, and deliver minor capital projects.
To be successful in this role your skills and experience will include:
- Excellent understanding of OH&S, environment, and quality.
- A relevant engineering degree and substantial experience working within a plant or on complex engineering projects.
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment.
- Ability to drive and implement change.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and advanced communication skills
- High level understanding of maintenance practices
- Understanding of the importance of change management
We believe our people are our greatest asset and that our success as a business is a reflection of the quality and capability of our people. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check but each application will be considered on its merits. Applicants should be aware that Nyrstar has a strict health and safety 'clean shave' policy and most facial hair is not permitted on either site. To meet our health and safety obligations, consenting to biological monitoring, including regular blood tests, is a condition of employment.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.