Mechanical Project Engineer
Hours: Monday - Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering professional to join Nyrstar Hobart Smelter in the position of Mechanical Project Engineer.
You will be an integral member of our Asset Management Team, with a primary purpose to manage, lead and deliver the suite of capital projects at Nyrstar Hobart Smelter.
Specifically you will be responsible to;
- Provide technical expertise to team members across a range of engineering projects
- Support maintenance and/or operation functions in resolving mechanical problems/faults
- Ensure all work is completed as scheduled to quality and safety standards
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with key peers and Project Owners across the site.
- Collaborate with consultants, suppliers and vendors to ensure services are provided within plan and specifications
To be successful in this role your skills and experience will include:
- A relevant engineering degree and substantial experience working within a plant or on complex engineering projects.
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging site and global environment
- Ability to drive and implement change
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and advanced communication skills
- High level understanding of maintenance practices
- Change management – Understanding of change management and management of change
- Excellent understanding of OH&S, environment, and quality
We believe our people are our greatest asset and that our success as a business is a reflection of the quality and capability of our people. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check but each application will be considered on its merits. Applicants should be aware that Nyrstar has a strict health and safety 'clean shave' policy and most facial hair is not permitted on either site. To meet our health and safety obligations, consenting to biological monitoring, including regular blood tests, is a condition of employment.
Applications (to include cover letter and resume) are to be submitted via SEEK or to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.