Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Hours: Monday - Friday
Nyrstar Hobart is a large scale zinc smelter located on Hobart's River Derwent, only a few kilometres from the Tasmanian capital's charming and cosmopolitan city centre. The site has been one of Tasmania’s largest industries since 1916.
With its breathtaking natural beauty, Tasmania is famous for bush walks, stunning beaches, a thriving arts scene, and world class fresh and gourmet produce. The lifestyle is a hard one to beat. This is a rare opportunity to work on site in the resources industry, in a capital city location.
Our Reliability Engineers contribute to organisational goals by identifying and facilitating reliability improvements. You will provide technical support and guidance to a production department to ensure daily production, quality, and safety outcomes are delivered.
We love working with engineers who are excited by complex machines and fascinated by failures. Your love of innovative problem solving and strong engineering foundations will allow to you to be brilliantly strategic in anticipating and preventing risks.
You will be responsible for proactively addressing the issues of tomorrow rather than being consumed by the issues of today and will collaborate closely to support site departments.
- Improving plant safety and reliability
- Asset condition plans
- Increasing production capacity by systematically addressing and alleviating plant bottlenecks
- Minimising production downtime by investigating failure events and taking actions to prevent recurrence.
- Overseeing maintenance strategy development and other critical processes
- Critical equipment identification and review
- Effective failure reporting and the close tracking of recommendations
- Technical and problem solving support
Skills, Abilities and Experience
To be successful in this position you need to have:
- Formal qualifications in Mechanical and/or Reliability Engineering.
- Proven experience with up-to-date engineering methodologies and problem solving tools.
- Data Collection and Statistical Analysis skills
- Knowledge of Maintenance Tactics development processes
- Knowledge of RCA methodologies
- A highly analytical approach to research, data and critical thinking.
- Significant Reliability specific experience
- Experience in the mining/resources industry, experience in an operating/production environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and work effectively in a team.
- High safety motivation.
- Experience in SAP would be highly regarded.
Nyrstar respects and values the diversity of our people and believes our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment.
Please include a cover letter that links your skills and experience to our requirements.
Applications will be accepted via firstname.lastname@example.org or SEEK
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
We look forward hearing from you.