Mobile Plant Operator
Working in a small, self-motivated team, with many roles requiring the self motivation to work independently, operators are employed on a 4 on, 4 off roster with the combination of days/nights dependent on the role (some rosters are continuous night shift). We are looking for skilled drivers to bring their work ethic, energy, commitment, and flexible attitude, to our wharf blending and transport operations team. Working in the Production, Planning and Shipping department you will play an important part in the plant's smooth operation and the efficient delivery of Zinc and its valuable by-products to the global market.
Experience with shift work and night shift is highly regarded, as is previous success contributing to a productive team environment.
- Safe and effective operation of Blending and Transport functions
- Operation of various mobile equipment such as Front End Loader and Excavator
- Communication with all relevant stakeholders, including those in other departments, to optimise site-wide plant performance.
- Compliance with safety and environmental standards, procedures, and legislative requirements including (but not limited to) SOPs, PPE requirements, Licence requirements and Permit Systems.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
- General duties as requested by the Wharf Operations Supervisor.
- Front End Loader licence essential
- A commitment to high performance standards both individually and as a team
- Sound, current and applied knowledge of workplace health and safety legislation and regulations, especially in a heavy industrial environment.
- Capability to work from complex instructions and procedures
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills
- Maturity and reliability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to commit to a permanent shift roster (4/4)
- A positive and diligent attitude to health, safety, the environment and our community
- A commitment to contributing to the smooth operation of the department, and to the overall success of Smelter Operations, in a cooperative manner.
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and take on new tasks
- Fork lift
- Haul truck
- Reach Stacker
- HR/HC/MC Licence
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply.
As our Smelter is conveniently located in the inner suburbs of Hobart, we do not offer accommodation or travel support, including relocation or FIFO.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment.
Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Equality and diversity are central to who we are and how we operate.