Operational Technology Team Leader
Hours: Monday - Friday
We are looking for a technology specialist who is excited by industrial automation, and the ever-changing role of OT in a production environment, to help us continue our improvement roadmap and head up a talented team of 4-5 specialists and engineers.
You will bring your experience with the application of operational technologies (preferably in the mining industry) to ensure immediate OT equipment functionality, and support the design and implementation of longer-term strategies. Whilst it is primarily a hands on role, there is an important requirement to lead and nurture a high performing culture in the OT team. Therefore, this role will suit someone with not only brilliant programming, fault finding and maintenance skills, but who can also bring excellent leadership, communication and influencing capability to the team. This career step will allow you be strategically involved in large projects with many achievements as we continue to mordernise our aging asset.
We'll value your problem solving mindset and strong analytical skills, especially your ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions.
- Lead the Operational technology team including task assignment, priority setting and people development
- Provide day-to-day technical advice, problem solving and support for the Sites Process Control systems.
- Develop suitable solutions through PLC programming, HMI development and other tools to meet the sites requirements for Process Control, monitoring and historical data
- Contribute to developing a Technology Roadmap to support 2022/23 Business objectives
- Take charge and help drive our Technology replacement program and support our delivery promises
- Engage, build internal networks and become a trusted partner for our users
- Collaborate effectively with local and global teams.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role (including leading a team)
- Certification in the use and application of applicable PLCs and related software
- PCS maintenance
- Ladder Logic and/or Function Block programming
- HMI design and development
- Broad IT experience (servers, client builds, anti-virus, backup management etc.)
- Relevant Trade or Tertiary Qualification (IT/Electrical/Instrumentation)
If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply with a CV and a cover letter that links your experience to the requirements of this role.
Nyrstar respects and values the diversity of our people and believes our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check but each application will be considered on its merits.
Applicants should be aware that Nyrstar Hobart has a strict health and safety 'clean shave' policy and most facial hair is not permitted on site.
Biological monitoring, including consenting to regular blood tests, is a requirement of employment.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for this position.
We look forward hearing from you.