Hours: Monday - Friday
We are looking for a motivated Procurement Officer to research, evaluate, compare and negotiate supply of goods and services that deliver value to the region. Wide ranging operational needs from a variety business functions make this a stimulating and challenging career opportunity.
You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, be an analytical thinker, and demonstrate a good working knowledge of contemporary purchasing strategies and procurement best practice.
- Working with various departments and suppliers to ensure the company’s supply requirements are met in a timely fashion
- Conducting market research
- Compile tender packages ready for send out and manage tender process through clarifications, evaluation and supplier award
- Contract preparation and negotiation, including working with legal and site departments as required to finalise contracts for execution
- Ensure all Procurement activities comply with company policies and procedures
- Cost analysis and reduction
- SAP duties:
- Support site with PR creation and general SAP queries relating to the P2P process
- Training - including writing training materials and delivering training programmes to site on the P2P process
- SAP vendor setup and vendor profile management
- Creating Outline Agreements (OAs)
- Liaise with Accounts Payable as required to resolve payment issues
- Ensure all contracts and supporting documentation are held centrally in SAP DMS
- SAP spend and DMS reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve SAP utilisation
- Building strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers to foster teamwork and collaboration
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a Purchasing / Procurement Specialist or similar
- Qualifications in an appropriate discipline i.e. Commercial, Supply Chain or Technical beneficial
- Experience with SAP preferred but not required
- Experience with the full P2P process from PR creation to payment required
- Prior experience running full end-to-end tender processes required
- Experience with contract negotiations and preparation strongly preferred
- Experience expediting orders and dealing with freight and goods importation beneficial
- Strong general administration and support skills required
- Ability to develop quality relationships with suppliers
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word and Excel required
If you are a cooperative team player with strong organisational skills, and have experience with all or most of the above, we look forward hearing from you.
Please apply now with a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the position criteria via SEEK or email@example.com
Nyrstar respects and values the diversity of our people and believes our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment.
We look forward hearing from you.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com