Hours: Monday - Friday
You will play a key role in ensuring efficient plant performance to maximise equipment availability and reliability whilst supporting safe and effective maintenance practices. You’ll develop and promote the best practice management of plant, equipment and resources through the use of RCM and TPM principles, condition monitoring, root cause analysis and other improvement activities. Your commitment to contribute to the team and to the success of the plant is backed by your great eye for detail and strong root cause analysis skills. You’ll ensure that issues are promptly and correctly diagnosed and resolved and promote a site wide reliability culture.
- Work closely and positively with a range of stakeholders, including Engineering, Maintenance, Planning and Operations, co-ordinating efforts and promoting constructive cross function communication.
- Manage, review and improve analysis and tracking processes
- Undertake root cause analysis and develop fault-finding tools, providing on the job training where necessary;
- Audit defects from cradle to grave to ensure operational containment measures and efficient repair solutions are implemented
- Work closely with external vendors to manage the quality and costs for the repair of rotable spares;
- Maintain compliance with established maintenance and safety procedures;
- Support data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Trade or Engineering Qualification
- Relevant industry experience
- Advanced computer skills, in particular proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and network with a variety of personnel.
- Experience in coordinating and scheduling activities
- Commitment to compliance and following all Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies and procedures
- Experience with managing vibration monitoring programs, and a high level understanding of vibration fault diagnostics.
Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer. Equality and diversity are central to who we are and how we operate. We value employees from all backgrounds and we rely upon diversity in order to inspire a culture of integrity, respect and innovation to drive our business, enhance our competitiveness and serve our customers across the world.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Please apply via SEEK or email@example.com
We look forward hearing from you.