Hours: Monday - Friday
We’re looking for a leader focused on improvement and innovation, to maintain best practice in a simple yet effective safety management system to drive harm minimisation in all facets of work at Nyrstar Hobart.
Reporting to the Safety Health Environment and Quality (HSEQ/SHEQ) Manager, the primary purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of outstanding safety management at Nyrstar Hobart. You will play a key role in developing health and safety strategies and initiatives, and provide supportive leadership to our team of Safety Advisors on site.
Key accountabilities of the role will be to;
- Review and optimise established safety management systems
- Influence the site to ensure ownership of safety management within operating and maintenance departments including effectiveness of systems, processes and tools to manage health and safety
- Drive continuous improvement in risk and safety management systems – striving for effectiveness and simplicity
- Drive and influence proactive safety behaviours, through visible leadership (and leadership coaching)
- Communicate, engage, and influence employees and management at all levels.
- Participate as a key member of Nyrstar Hobart's extended leadership team, representing Safety
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, qualified professional with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with a thorough understanding of leading practice safety management
- Professional communication skills with a proven ability to influence at all levels on site
- Demonstrated direct impact on safety performance and ability to effect safety cultural change
- Strong theoretical understanding and practical heavy industry experience
- Major Hazard Facility experience highly regarded
- Proven effective people leadership experience highly regarded
- Significant relevant career experience
A competitive salary package and relocation will be negotiated to attract a high-calibre candidate to this role. The role provides the potential for further career opportunities for an experienced professional, who has the ability and passion to lead and influence the site’s safety culture and performance - all whilst enjoying Hobart’s lifestyle.
Nyrstar respects and values the diversity of our people and believes our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We look forward hearing from you.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for this position.