Senior IT Infrastructure Technician
Hours: Monday - Friday
Your experience, knowledge and new thoughts will be valued and you’ll have the opportunity to make a substantial and significant impact to our ongoing improvement projects. Nyrstar offers a wide range of technologies, here you’ll be covering Networks, Server & Storage, and Security with the chance to grow your leadership capabilities.
This will suit someone looking for a technical challenge working for a large end user. There are significant training and development opportunities for the right person wanting to expand their skills in enterprise IT.
Reporting to the Infrastructure and Security Lead Australia, you will provide effective diagnosis and resolution of incidents to reduce the impact of any unplanned disruptions across the Infrastructure and Security domain. Day to day you will provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the Sites in the Australia region Computer and Network systems.
You will be making a difference in delivering more efficient, cost effective and sustainable ways of working that will support business initiatives as we continue our journey towards IT best practice.
You will benefit from our people development commitments and also have the opportunity to participate in large scale projects as we move through our IT renewal process.
Key accountabilities of the role will be to;
- Finalise Technology Roadmap to support 2022/23 Business objectives
- Participate, manage and develop IT security initiatives
- Take charge and drive and be part of our Technology replacement program and support our delivery promises
- Engage, build internal networks and become a trusted partner for our users
- Maintenance and deployment of IT infrastructure, including servers, phone systems, Internet, LAN/WAN devices and backup systems.
- Be actively involved in the continuous improvement of Nyrstar's business Systems to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, contemporary standards and best practices.
- Act as a local point of contact for regional and global infrastructure initiatives
- Be responsible for adhering to the health, safety, environmental and quality standards, policies and procedures and for proactively acting in a manner that supports a healthy and safe work environment, including the reporting of all incidents and hazards
We are looking for a strong technician who can provide technical leadership to deliver infrastructure plans across the region.
You will have a degree in information technology or relevant industry experience, and have excellent IT technical skills on server, storage, networks, cloud services, server virtualization and business continuity and disaster recovery.
As part of the Regional Business Systems Team, you will have energy, enthusiasm and a passion to work collaboratively.
You will form an integral part of a dedicated team from a diverse range of backgrounds. The team embraces opportunities for growth, flexible work practices and inclusivity in the workplace.
If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply via SEEK or to Careers.Hobart@nyrstar.com
Nyrstar respects and values the diversity of our people and believes our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check but each application will be considered on its merits.
Applicants should be aware that Nyrstar Hobart has a strict health and safety 'clean shave' policy and most facial hair is not permitted on site.
Biological monitoring, including consenting to regular blood tests, is a requirement of employment.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for this position.
We look forward hearing from you.