Senior Planning Metallurgist
Hours: Monday - Friday
Support innovation and problem solving, as well as analysis and reporting. Your ability to balance data and information with timely decisions at the right level of detail, and often under pressure, will be valued in this exciting and dynamic environment.
As the Senior Planning Metallurgist your focus will be concentrate planning, production planning, metallurgical accounting and reporting, production forecasting and physicals budget preparation.
You will work with an exceptional group of Operations Staff and Metallurgists and play a key part in our ongoing achievements during an exciting growth phase.
- Guide and collaborate with the operations team to optimise performance
- Develop and maintain quality measurement and reporting systems
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and drive value creation
- Contribute to the operation meeting licence, legislation and internal limits by ensuring that all technical advice and direction provided address safety and environment requirements.
- You have a good understanding of the RLE process and relevant knowledge of pyrometallurgy, hydrometallurgy and chemistry.
- You have a passion for Metallurgy and enjoy passing your knowledge onto others, while striving for continuous improvement and best practice in everything you do.
- You are a clear and adaptable communicator and a helpful and proactive problem solver
- You work and live in line with the Nyrstar Values of Integrity, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork, Safety and Respect.
- You are a qualified Metallurgist or Chemical Engineer with significant relevant industry and leadership experience
Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer. Equality and diversity are central to who we are and how we operate. We value employees from all backgrounds and we rely upon diversity in order to inspire a culture of integrity, respect and innovation to drive our business, enhance our competitiveness and serve our customers across the world.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment.
Expressions of interest can be sent to Careers.Hobart@Nyrstar.com
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.