Emergency Response Officer
Applications are invited for (multiple positions) experienced fulltime Emergency Response Officers (ERO) within the Safety, Health and Hygiene Department.
Reporting directly to the Safety Specialist, these roles will provide emergency response, injury management and security services across the Nyrstar Smelter.
Ideally the successful candidates will be residentially based or willing to relocate to Port Pirie. Nyrstar may provide support and relocation assistance.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake site security operations included but not limited to site entrance control, data entry, inspections and reception skills.
- Respond to all fire, rescue and hazardous materials emergencies onsite.
- Undertake fire response and fire response training activities.
- Undertake first response medical care for work and non-work related injuries.
- Conduct Drug and Alcohol Testing - scheduled and causal.
The position description describes further aspects of this role including other desirable attributes and is available upon request.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- HLT41115 Certificate IV Health Care or Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- Current unrestricted Class C South Australian Drivers License
- Current Security Agent license (South Australia) or be able to successfully obtain
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office
- Able to maintain a high level of fitness to undertake the requirements of the role
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to liaise with key stakeholders
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
- UETTDRRF04 Perform Tower Rescue
- Current Blue Maritime Security Identification Card
- Recognised venipuncture training
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
If you are in search of a role that doesn’t require living away from home, FIFO or casual work then we may be what you are looking for.
Written applications, including copies of relevant qualifications and employment history, quoting job title and reference number 2021-77 are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com
Due to COVID-19 and potential border restrictions, Nyrstar Port Pirie vacancies are only being progressed for candidates able to travel from non-restricted States and Regions.
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.