Emergency Response Officer
Applications are invited for (multiple positions) experienced fulltime Emergency Response Officers (ERO) within the Safety, Health and Hygiene Department.
Reporting directly to the Safety Specialist, these roles will provide emergency response, injury management and security services across the Nyrstar Smelter.
These exciting roles are residentially based in Port Pirie, South Australia. Relocation support may be provided for the successful applicant.
The purpose of the ERO team is to:
- Maintain appropriate site emergency response in compliance with Major Hazard Facility requirements.
- Undertake first response medical care for injured employees.
- Undertake activities in relation to fire response, fire response training, routine maintenance of fire protection systems and first aid inspections.
- Undertake site security operations included but not limited to site entrance control, data entry, inspections and reception skills.
- Provide technical advice for site fire, rescue, injury management, health and security operations.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake site security operations.
- Respond to all fire, rescue and hazardous materials emergencies onsite.
- Undertake fire response and fire response training activities.
- Undertake first response medical care for work and non-work related injuries.
- Operate and maintain an industrial Health Care Centre.
- Conduct Drug and Alcohol Testing - scheduled and causal.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- HLT41115 Certificate IV Health Care or Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- Current unrestricted Class C South Australian Drivers License
- Current Security Agent license (South Australia) or be ability to successfully be able to obtain
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office
- Able to maintain a high level of fitness to undertake the requirements of the role
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue.
- UETTDRRF04 Perform Tower Rescue.
- Current Blue Maritime Security Identification Card.
- Recognised venipuncture training.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Able to liaise with key stakeholders.
- Alignment with the Nyrstar values.
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
If you are in search of a role that doesn’t require living away from home, FIFO or casual work then we may be what you are looking for.
Written applications, including copies of relevant qualifications and employment history, quoting job title and reference number 2021-42 are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.