Lead in Blood (LIB) Reduction Program Officer (2021-262)
Overview of the role
Applications are now open for a LIB Reduction Program Officer to join the Health & Safety team. This is a new opportunity that will assist the operational Team Leaders during the development and implementation of the LIB Reduction plans.
Whilst this is predominantly an administrative role, you will also be required to provide face-to-face coaching and mentoring to personnel in the plant, which requires you to wear full PPE. You will be responsible for the review of LIB reduction plans, entering data, monitoring the progression of the plans, assisting team leaders in managing the plan and provide general coaching and administrative support.
Reporting to the Occupational Hygienist, this is a residential role located in Port Pirie, South Australia on a Monday-Friday full time roster. Relocation assistance will be provided to the successful candidate, if required.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance to Team Leaders in the development and implementation of the LIB plans
- Review completed LIB plans
- Enter completed plans into a database
- Maintain the database, including regular reporting of performance and compliance of the LIB reduction process across site
- Assist Team Leaders and provide coaching where required in the completion of the plans
- Facilitate various appointments for personnel on LIB reduction programs
- Advanced skills and experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify trends and abnormalities in data and identify appropriate actions
- Personable, friendly and able to communicate well written, face-to-face and over the phone
What does working for Nyrstar mean?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focussed on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Nyrstar Port Pirie is ideally positioned on the eastern shore of the Spencer Gulf in South Australia. Just two and a half hours north-west of Adelaide, Port Pirie’s social atmosphere reflects it love of the sea, sport and the outdoors. Known as the ‘City of Friendly People’, Port Pirie’s relaxed family lifestyle offers excellent facilities, accommodation and schooling options with all the major amenities. This is your opportunity to enjoy regional coastal living combined with capital city convenience. Port Pirie is an integrated multi-metals recovery plant with the flexibility to process a wide range of lead-rich concentrates and smelting industry by-products.
Written applications, including copies of relevant qualifications and employment history, quoting job title and reference number 2021-262 are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com no later than 4pm on Wednesday 26th January 2022.
Due to COVID-19 and potential border restrictions, Nyrstar Port Pirie vacancies are only being progressed for candidates able to travel from non-restricted States and Regions.
Please note you must have unrestricted valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.