Maintenance Team Leader (Supervisor)
Who we are
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
Overview of the role
Maintenance Team Leaders wanted - are you our next “Team Leader”?
Do you have a Trade Qualification (minimum of Certificate III) with leadership and mentoring experience, desirably in the Mining, minerals processing or heavy industries.
Are you ready to lead our Team?
You will be responsible for providing leadership and mentoring to a team of tradespeople; maintain full control over tasks performed in your area(s) to ensure all planned tasks are completed efficiently and cost effectively. In addition, you will be responsible for equipment maintenance plans, condition monitoring and executing the maintenance strategies.
If you are in search of a role that enables you to be home every night and provides job security, then we may be what you are looking for.
Working on an equal time roster over 7 days of the week (working day shifts) provides a great balance between work and play, with more days off in a block than the usual 2 day weekend. Ideally the successful candidates will be residentially based or willing to relocate to Port Pirie. Nyrstar will provide support and relocation assistance.
Do you have the additional requisites of:
- Understanding of engineering strategies - condition monitoring & preventative maintenance.
- Significant Trade level experience.
- Experience with (SAP) Maintenance Management systems.
- Demonstrated strong time management & organisational skills - able to prioritise & multitask, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work as part of team and work autonomously.
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management or similar (highly desirable).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Front-Line Leader (highly desirable).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of products particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP (highly desirable).
The position description describes further aspects of this role including other desirable attributes and is available upon request.
What does working for Nyrstar mean?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Nyrstar Port Pirie is ideally positioned on the eastern shore of the Spencer Gulf in South Australia, just two and a half hours north-west of Adelaide. Port Pirie’s social atmosphere reflects its love of the sea, sport and the outdoors.
Known as the ‘City of Friendly People’, Port Pirie’s relaxed family lifestyle offers excellent facilities, accommodation and schooling options with all the major amenities. This is your opportunity to enjoy regional coastal living combined with capital city convenience.
Nyrstar Port Pirie is an integrated multi-metals recovery plant with the flexibility to process a wide range of lead-rich concentrates and smelting industry by-products.
Written applications outlining employment history and attached copies of relevant qualifications/tickets, quoting job title are to be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you must have unrestricted valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.