Senior Finance Business Partner (2021-267)
Overview of the role
Nyrstar Port Pirie have a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join the Finance department.
This position is critical in supporting cost centre owners and Managers across the site, with the purpose to increase cost consciousness and identify strategies regarding cost reduction opportunities.
The Senior Finance Business Partner is responsible for the month-end DOC closing, monthly DOC forecast and annual DOC budget and forecast processes. Further key responsibilities include the preparation of management reports, preparation and analysis of financial results in accordance with accounting standards and group policies.
This is a permanent full-time role, based in Port Pirie, South Australia on a Monday to Friday roster. Relocation assistance will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Timely completion of the month-end closing (DOC and reconciliations), monthly DOC forecast and annual DOC budget process
- Responsible for monthly variance analysis of DOC against budget, flex budget and forecast and working with key stakeholders to understand gaps and corrective actions
- Cost variance analysis and commentary for monthly finance report and cost review meetings
- Prepare monthly cost reports for key areas
- Provide coverage for the Senior Business Analyst and Finance Manager roles
- Tertiary degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Solid experience in financial and/or cost accounting (minimum 5 years)
- Advanced excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and build sustainable relationships
- Experience in a Mining, Metals Processing or Heavy Industry is desirable
What does working for Nyrstar mean?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focussed on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Nyrstar Port Pirie is ideally positioned on the eastern shore of the Spencer Gulf in South Australia, just two and a half hours north-west of Adelaide. Port Pirie’s social atmosphere reflects its love of the sea, sport and the outdoors. Known as the ‘City of Friendly People’, Port Pirie’s relaxed family lifestyle offers excellent facilities, accommodation and schooling options with all the major amenities. This is your opportunity to enjoy regional coastal living combined with capital city convenience. Nyrstar Port Pirie is an integrated multi-metals recovery plant with the flexibility to process a wide range of lead-rich concentrates and smelting industry by-products.
Submit your application including a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant qualifications, referencing number 2021-267 to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com by 12pm Wednesday 6th June 2022.
Please note you must have unrestricted valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.