Tradesperson Boilermaker - Various Departments
Applications are now open for Tradespeople – Boilermakers to join our Slag Fumer and Acid Plant Departments.
Our Tradesperson – Boilermakers core responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of industrial plant and equipment and to assist the company to achieve environmental, quality and production targets. These positions operate within an on-call roster to service the site out-of-hours.
Ideally the successful candidates will be residentially based or willing to relocate to Port Pirie. Nyrstar may provide support and relocation assistance.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform installation, modification and commissioning of new and existing plant and equipment, in conjunction with Engineering standards.
- Perform maintenance and equipment inspections, schedule servicing and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ability to perform repairs per specifications and site standards.
- Ability to perform welding, fabrication and machining tasks.
- Performing welding and fabrication tasks, structural steel and some development work.
- Assist the Shift Operating employees, Superintendents/Team Leaders and on-call tradesmen to maintain ‘SAFE’ efficient plant operating conditions to maximise plant up time.
- Maintain high standards of performance and processes in accordance with relevant codes of practice and Nyrstar Guidelines and documentation.
- Ensure continuous improvement for every aspect for which the position is accountable.
The position description describes further aspects of this role including other desirable attributes and is available upon request.
- Formal trade qualifications in Engineering - (essential).
- Experience in mining, minerals processing or heavy industry environment - (desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in Arc, MIG and TIG welding - essential.
- Strong attention to detail - (essential).
- Knowledge of engineering strategies such as condition monitoring and preventative maintenance - essential.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible performing a variety of tasks with minimum supervision - essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and is a team player to achieve results effectively – (essential).
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills - (essential).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure - (essential).
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly – (essential).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of products particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP – (desirable).
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN:
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focussed on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history with attached copies of relevant qualifications, quoting job title and reference number AW2021-61, are to be submitted by emailing PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com.
Due to COVID-19 and potential border restrictions, Nyrstar Port Pirie vacancies are only being progressed for candidates able to travel from non-restricted States and Regions.
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.