Tradesperson - Electrical & Instrumentation
Applications are now invited for the position of Tradesperson – Electrical & Instrumentation for the Port Pirie operations.
The Tradesperson – Electrical & Instrumentation are responsible for the electrical maintenance and repair of industrial plant and equipment, and to assist the company to achieve environmental, quality and production targets. These positions operate within an on-call roster to service the site out-of-hours requirements. These exciting future roles are residentially based in Port Pirie, South Australia.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Performing planned maintenance and equipment inspections, schedule servicing and preventative maintenance tasks on electrical and control equipment.
- Undertake Instrumentation maintenance and calibrations.
- Performing basic fault finding on Siemens and Schneider PLC’s, iFIX SCADA systems or similar.
- Maintaining equipment in hazardous areas and modifying plant dossier for such equipment.
- Undertake maintenance of all pneumatic valves and actuators.
- HV and LV switching in accordance with site switching procedures.
- Work in a safe and confident manner and comply with all the Site Safety Procedures.
- Maintaining plant documentation.
- Reviewing and updating plant inspections (PM01’s).
- Use initiative to safely solve plant maintenance problems.
- Undertake Maintenance in Pneumatic systems.
- Attend all training requirements.
- Work co-operatively with others and ensure team effectiveness.
- Maintain high standards of performance and processes in accordance with relevant codes of practice and Nyrstar Guidelines and documentation.
- Ensure continuous improvement for every aspect for which the position is accountable.
- Formal trade qualifications in Electrical/Instrumentation (minimum of Certificate IV) required.
- Current Electrical Work unrestricted EWR licence (‘A’ class licence) that conforms to South Australian and Australian legislation required.
- High Voltage training desirable.
- Hazardous area qualification desirable.
- Experience in a mining/resources industry or similar desirable.
- Possess good fault finding skills and be confident to take leadership when required.
- Ability to use electronic reporting, MS Office and email systems.
- Working knowledge of the SAP system desirable.
- Have the flexibility to perform a variety of tasks.
- Be a self-starter and perform with minimum supervision.
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
Written applications outlining employment history and attached copies of relevant qualifications/tickets, quoting job title and reference number AW2021-37 are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.