Applications are now invited for the position of Tradesperson –Fitter for the Port Pirie operations.
The Tradesperson – Boilermakers are responsible for the maintenance and repair of industrial plant and equipment, and to assist the company to achieve environmental, quality and production targets.
These positions operate within an on-call roster to service the site out-of-hours.
Residentially based in Port Pirie, South Australia. Relocation support may be provided for the successful applicant.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform repairs as per specifications and site standards.
- Perform modification work to existing plant machinery and equipment.
- Performing welding, fabrication and machining tasks.
- Assist the Shift Operating employees, Asset Management Superintendents/Team Leaders and on-call tradesmen to maintain ‘SAFE’ efficient plant operating conditions to maximise plant up time.
- Maintain high standards of performance and processes in accordance with relevant codes of practice and Nyrstar Guidelines and documentation.
- Ensure continuous improvement for every aspect for which the position is accountable.
- Formal qualifications in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (minimum of Certificate III) - essential.
- Experience in maintaining mechanical assets - eg pumps.
- Experience in a mining/resources industry or similar desirable.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Team player who is flexible, reliable and is able to achieve results effectively.
- Leadership and personal values that show alignment with the Nyrstar Values.
- Working knowledge of the SAP system desirable.
- Have the flexibility to perform a variety of tasks.
- Be a self-starter and perform with minimum supervision.
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
If you are in search of a role that doesn’t require living away from home, FIFO or casual work then we may be what you are looking for.
Written applications outlining employment history and attached copies of relevant qualifications/tickets, quoting job title and reference number AW2021-01 are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.