Tradesperson Fitters - Various Departments
Applications are now open for Tradesperson – Fitters to join our Refinery, Slag Fumer and Acid Plant Departments.
Our Tradesperson – Fitters core responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of industrial plant and equipment and to assist the company to achieve environmental, quality and production targets. These positions operate within an on-call roster to service the site out-of-hours.
Ideally the successful candidates will be residentially based or willing to relocate to Port Pirie. Nyrstar may provide support and relocation assistance.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform repairs per specifications and site standards.
- Perform modification work to existing plant machinery and equipment.
- Ability to perform welding, fabrication and machining tasks.
- Assist the Shift Operating employees, Superintendents/Team Leaders and on-call tradesmen to maintain ‘SAFE’ efficient plant operating conditions to maximise plant up time.
- Maintain high standards of performance and processes in accordance with relevant codes of practice and Nyrstar Guidelines and documentation.
- Ensure continuous improvement for every aspect for which the position is accountable.
The position description describes further aspects of this role including other desirable attributes and is available upon request.
- Formal qualifications in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (minimum of Certificate III) - (essential).
- Experience in mining, minerals processing or heavy industry environment - (desirable).
- Experience in maintaining mechanical assets - eg pumps - essential.
- Strong attention to detail - (essential).
- Leadership and personal values that show alignment with the Nyrstar Values - essential.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible performing a variety of tasks with minimum supervision - essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and is a team player to achieve results effectively – (essential).
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills - (essential).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure - (essential).
- Must be self motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly – (essential)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of products particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP – (desirable).
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN:
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focussed on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history with attached copies of relevant qualifications, quoting job title and reference number AW2021-31, are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com no later than 4pm on Wednesday 30th June 2021.
Due to COVID-19 and potential border restrictions, Nyrstar Port Pirie vacancies are only being progressed for candidates able to travel from non-restricted States and Regions.
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.