Hours: Monday - Friday
Reporting to a Maintenance Team Leader, our Mechanical Engineering Maintainers and Electrical/Instrumentation Technicians provide quality and timely preventative maintenance and repairs of the plant to ensure operational targets are met in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
We are looking for motivated team players with great technical skills and a flexible, can do attitude.
- Monday to Friday roster
The key accountabilities of the position are:
- Routine and breakdown maintenance as well as inspection and monitoring of assets
- Maintain close liaison and co-operation with Operations teams.
- Manages the day-to-day performance and work activities of the team.
- Building strong customer focus between maintenance and operating departments.
Requirements the successful applicant will need to fill the position are:
- Demonstrated high level of safety behaviour
- Relevant trade qualification
- Advanced computer skills, in particular experience using the Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong fault finding and decision making skills
Highly regarded skills:
- Shift work experience or willingness to undertake
- Confined space entry
- Previous experience in shutdown/planning
- Contractor management/supervision
- PLC, SCADA, DCS experience
- HV switching
- Hazardous area maintenance and installation
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, with a strong safety background and experience repairing heavy industrial fixed plant equipment.
Nyrstar respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culturally diverse and gender equal workplace, where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Nyrstar Hobart has a strict RPE ‘Clean Shave’ Policy. Most facial hair is not permitted on site. Regular health screening, including blood tests, is part of our commitment to keeping our workforce safe and a condition of employment
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for these positions.
Expressions of interest can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward hearing from you.