Who processes your personal data?
Nyrstar acts as data controller. In addition, Nyrstar makes use of data processors who process your personal data on behalf of Nyrstar, and who, amongst others, ensure the proper technical functioning of the Website.
Nyrstar makes or may make use of various categories of processors within the framework of the Website, such as providers of Nyrstar, other entities within the Nyrstar Group, partners who are responsible for the hosting of the Website, partners who collect and present statistics of the Website, partners who collect and present reviews and assessments of the Website, partners who provide e-mail marketing and other communication services.
Why do we process your personal data?
Nyrstar collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes, and for other purposes compatible therewith:
- Offering our services and performing the agreement we have (or will have) with you;
- Sending communications of a commercial or non-commercial nature, including direct marketing;
- Keeping you informed of relevant developments;
- Customer management;
- Providing access to the Website and offering a safe, optimal and personal user experience of the Website;
- Providing a general and personalized service;
- Providing support in the event of questions or comments;
- Follow-up of complaints;
- The detection of, and protection against, fraud, error, criminal or illegal behaviour and/or any other act contrary to the conditions under which our Website is offered.
Nyrstar processes and stores your personal data for as long as this is legally required.
On which legal basis do we process your personal data?
Nyrstar processes your personal data collected via the Website pursuant to (i) your acceptance of this Policy, and/or (ii) the preparation and execution of the agreement concluded between you and Nyrstar by means of the Website, and/or (iii) compliance with our legal obligations, and/or (iv) the legitimate interests of Nyrstar, such as conducting direct marketing, preventing fraud, managing the internal administration or ensuring an appropriate network and information security.
How are your personal data collected?
Your personal data are obtained either via yourself, for example by filling in online forms or providing information to us otherwise, either via various technical means used by the Website to optimize the User and Visitor’s experience and to detect any (technical) errors on the Website, such as cookies and log information.
Which categories of personal data are being processed?
Nyrstar processes the following categories of personal data within your use of the Website: identification data, contact details, details, IP-address, time of consultation of the Website, probable place of consultation of the Website, data relating to the device being used, browser details, computer operating system data, other telecommunication data.
Are my personal data being transferred to third parties within the EU?
Within the limits of applicable privacy laws, your personal data may be shared with the categories of data processors as described in this Policy, Nyrstar’s business partners, other entities within the Nyrstar Group and public authorities (to the extent they are entitled thereto).
Other than that, your personal data will not be sold, transferred or communicated to third parties.
Are my personal data being processed outside the EU?
In some cases, your personal data will be transferred to and/or processed in countries outside the European Union. In such a case, we will ensure that this is done in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and will provide for appropriate safeguards where required under such legislation, in order to guarantee an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
Which rights do I have?
You may exercise a number of rights regarding your personal data vis-à-vis Nyrstar, in so far as you effectively have those rights under applicable data protection legislation:
- Right to object: you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. This withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before such withdrawal.
- Right of access: you have the right to access your personal data and to obtain a copy of these personal data. You also have the right to certain information concerning the processing of your personal data, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients, etc.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your personal data deleted if and to the extent that:
- your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes;
- there no longer is a legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing by Nyrstar, or you object to the processing for direct marketing;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data have to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation to which Nyrstar is subjected.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to obtain from Nyrstar a restriction of processing if, and to the extent that:
a. you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling Nyrstar to verify the accuracy;
b. the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
c. Nyrstar no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need them for a legal claim;
d. you have objected to the processing, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Nyrstar override those of yours.
In case of a restriction of processing, the personal data may still be stored by Nyrstar.
- Right to data portability: for the personal data that are (i) processed in the context of the performance of the agreement or based on your consent, (ii) provided to Nyrstar by yourself and (iii) are processed by automated means, you have the right to obtain these from Nyrstar in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as the right to transmit these data to another controller or to have them transmitted directly, where technically possible.
You can exercise these rights via your regular Nyrstar contact or email@example.com accompanied by a proof of your identity. Nyrstar shall respond to such requests and may or may not comply with such requests in accordance with applicable legislation and, in principle, within a period of one month, also in accordance with applicable legislation. You can also address or file a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority.
Nyrstar reserves the right to make amendments and changes to this Policy. Nyrstar will clearly communicate such modifications or changes, after which you expressly accept these modifications. It is up to the Visitor or User to consult this Policy on a regular basis.
For all questions, to exercise your rights and for all other information regarding the processing of your personal data by or on behalf of Nyrstar, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.