Applications are open for Plant Operators to join Nyrstar Port Pirie, across various plant areas.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, Plant Operators are responsible for the safe operation of plant and equipment. Operators may be engaged on day work or shift work.
On-the-job training is provided, however having previous experience and current tickets such as Working at Heights and Confined Spaces and Forklift licence is advantageous!
No previous industry experience? No worries! You will have the option to be a part of our new Industry Job Accelerator Program, where you will be provided on-the-job training to be safely fast tracked to become a full-time Plant Operator. Learn about personal protective equipment, safety and hazards, environmental impacts and the importance of working as a team.
The Plant Operator role requires a level of physical ability, therefore you must be able to pass a pre-employment medical.
These opportunities are residentially based in Port Pirie, South Australia.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Operate plant and equipment such as cranes, forklifts and jackhammers as required
- Feed raw material and processing agents into plant machinery
- Set controls and operate machinery
- Adhere to all relevant Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s)
- Follow all Site Safety and Company procedures
- Safety intervention of unsafe acts
- Undertake all necessary training as directed
- Strong commitment to safety and adherence to wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience in a mining/resources/heavy industry or similar is desirable
- Basic literacy, numeracy and logical reasoning
- Physical ability to pass a pre-employment medical to perform a variety of tasks
- Ability to work well in team or a self-starter who can perform with minimum supervision
- Basic computer knowledge required
To learn more about the Nyrstar Port Pirie operations, check out our site video on You Tube - https://youtu.be/3mhiqiRlaKU or visit us on social media:
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
WHAT ELSE DO WE OFFER?
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised health membership
- Private Health benefits option (corporate rates)
- Subsidised Dental Health Care – for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Relocation support
- Study leave assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Submit your application including a cover letter, resume and copies of relevant qualifications, referencing ‘Plant Operator’ to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.