Operators - Various Departments
Expressions of interest are invited for the position of Plant Operators within the Copper By Products, Primary Smelter, Refinery, Blast Furnace & Slag Fumer departments.
Reporting directly to the Team Leaders, Plant Operators will be responsible for the safe operation of plant and equipment. Operators may be engaged on Day Work, Day Shift Work, Continuous Shift Work or Shift Relief. These exciting future roles are residentially based in Port Pirie, South Australia.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Operate plant and equipment including cranes, forklifts and jackhammers as required.
- Feed raw material and processing agents into plant machinery.
- Set controls and operate machinery.
- Adhere to all relevant Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s).
- Follow all Site Safety and Company procedures.
- Safety Intervention of all unsafe acts.
- Follow all reasonable instructions from the Team Leader and/or the Company.
- Undertake all necessary training as directed.
- Experience in a mining/resources industry or similar.
- Experience with computerised Maintenance Management systems (SAP).
- Have the flexibility to perform a variety of tasks.
- Be a self-starter and perform with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging global environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly.
- Team player.
WHAT DOES WORKING FOR NYRSTAR MEAN?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
Written applications outlining employment history and attached copies of relevant qualifications/tickets, quoting job title and title Operators Various are to be emailed to PortPirie.Recruitment@nyrstar.com.
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.