OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The role provides technical support through the creation of executable strategy and tactics to reduce equipment failure rates and eliminate production and maintenance related waste. It is also responsible for supporting creation and management of standard operating and maintenance procedures that ensure consistency and continuity of best practice.
Reports to: Superintendent - Engineering
Supervises: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Facilitate critical equipment identification and review process
- Determine critical equipment failure consequences
- Conduct failure modes analysis on critical equipment
- Develop and refine maintenance strategies and tactics
- Implement agreed KPI set on critical equipment
- Develop CBM tactics as determined by equipment strategies
- Use CBM information to update and improve maintenance strategies
- Monitor and respond to variation in OEE measures and agreed KPI's
- Determine control limits for process/equipment loss/failure analysis
- Facilitate RCA's
- Use RCA outcomes to update maintenance strategies and tactics
- Submit and implement (as required) projects to improve plant reliability
- Provide technical and problem solving support to maintenance teams
- Conduct critical equipment integrity/maintenance audits
- Conduct lifecycle cost and operability studies of existing and proposed equipment installations
- Conduct reliability reviews of proposed or modified plant and equipment
- Interrogate critical equipment history for improvement opportunities
- Review reliability aspects of proposals submitted through change management process
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Engineering
- 3 years in project and maintenance engineering is preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Facilitation skills
- RCM skills
- CMMS use and interrogation skills
- RCA skills
- FMECA skills
- Communication skills
- Breaks situations down into their essential elements to identify key issues and develop solutions.
- Identifies or makes sound decisions based on an understanding of business principles and practices.
- Drives for and implements effective change, and readily adapts to change.
- Expresses information and ideas clearly and concisely, and confirms understanding.
- Demonstrates that efforts to add value for customers (both internal and external) and respond to their needs are of critical importance.
- Uses a range of leadership styles and approaches to guide self and others towards goal achievement.
- Gauges the most appropriate course on the balance of information available.
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish long range plans or goals.
- Understands the impact of actions and decisions on both people and other parts of the organization.
- Makes working safely with regard to the environment a way of life, by pro-actively eliminating potential dangers that pose a hazard for self, others or the environment.
- Works cooperatively with others and ensures team effectiveness.
- Creates and communicates an inspiring view of the future that sets direction, and encourages achievement and commitment to team goals.
- Strives for high standards of performance for self and/or others.
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to email@example.com.
We look forward hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer