Projects and Shutdown Coordinator
For our Zinc Smelter located in Clarksville, Tennessee we are currently seeking a:
Project & Shutdown Planning Coordinator
The purpose of the role is to support Project and Shutdown controls with the progressive development of tracking and scheduling through various phases up to close-out and lessons learned. This also includes the monitoring and reporting of progress to plan. This will be accomplished through facilitation of compliance to the Project and Shutdown management processes including the involvement of relevant stakeholders to identify the required tasks, activities, resources and logic to allow for the development and resourcing to successfully deliver Projects or Shutdowns.
- Participate in weekly project planning and scheduling activities to gather relevant information and update project schedules and develop progress reports.
- Participate in Risk Assessments and incorporate controls into project schedules.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a Project Master Schedule (PMS) to support Capital project portfolio.
- Evaluate project variance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify key learnings for improvement of project and shutdown execution.
- On-site visits to review construction progress and execute live updates for project and shutdown schedules.
- Lead the Weekly shutdown planning meetings and process compliance.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports including Gantt, milestone charts.
- Analysis of critical paths and constraints.
- Evaluate Shutdown variance and make recommendations for improvement as well as key learnings.
- Close involvement with the external parties to provide guidance on scheduling requirements.
- Follow documented scheduling standards, workflows and processes used for planning and scheduling shutdowns.
- Prepare formal presentations to share project status.
- Clear understating of planning and scheduling fundamentals such CPM method, forward/backward critical path calculations, float, slack, etc.
- Strong planning and scheduling ability with proficiency in Microsoft Projects
- Knowledge of engineering deliverables and sequence.
- Knowledge of construction tasks and sequence.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to work independently and prioritize workload during peak periods.
- Ability to perform Earned Value calculations/analysis for projects.
- Ability to identify and implement actions without being continuously directed.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Engineering, or a related field 5 to 10 years’ experience in a related role
- Shutdown and/or major turnaround experience
- Highly demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills
- Advanced user of MS Excel. Good understating of MS PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good communication – both in person and via technology
- Experience in SAP is a plus.
We look forward hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit <a href="https://www.nyrstar.com
<p<>An Equal Opportunity Employer</p<>