Maintenance E&C Team Leader
Directly supervise multi-craft electrical maintenance instrument control technicians. Manage team compliance with Nyrstar Clarksville OHS&E policies to ensure a safe workplace where operations can be performed with minimal risk of injury or loss to self or others. Actively seek feedback for continuous improvement.
- Manage Team compliance with Nyrstar Environmental policies.
- Coach team members and manage their performance
- Manage and maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the department.
- Manage the awareness and compliance of employees working within the Department with all OHS&E work practices
- Provide effective leadership that communicates direction and focus for a team of 4-6 people.
- Manage Team and individual performance to ensure targets are met.
- Monitor and trouble-shoot process to ensure quality
- Ensure continuous improvement for every aspect in the department.
- Evaluate operating costs in the context of your team and identify opportunities for lowering costs.
- Manage team operations to achieve agreed production and performance targets.
- Maintain payroll exceptions and other administrative tasks such as vacation, overtime, on call request, outage information and daily planned work.
- directly audit work completion for scope and quality. Verify time confirmation with follow on work as required.
- assist the planning of work request for material selection and work division for an achievable work package.
- Directly plan and supervise emergent work for execution.
- Willing to work and take call ins all shifts including holidays and weekends when demanded by the job
- Must be able to adhere to the published work schedule while being flexible in hours based on workload
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist during work activities.
- Capable of trouble shooting automation control problems and improve system performance in manufacturing environment.
- Ensures site is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and electrical safety statutes.
- Must be able to use hand tools on a daily basis such as power tools, Multimeter, Calibrator, Field Communicator, Power Logger, Oscilloscope
- Work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment when needed
- Must be able to utilize industrial powered vehicles (RTFL, Forklift, Aerial Lift, Scissor Lift)
- Work near equipment with high levels of electrical incident energy
- Must have a working knowledge and proficiency with installing, repairing and maintaining industrial electrical components and equipment. Lighting, electrical protective devices, motors, inverters, soft starts, wye-delta systems, generators along with Relay and ethernet based control; Must have a working knowledge of schematics, mathematics, preventive/predictive technologies, basic computer literacy, safe electrical test and measurement best practices
- Must have an awareness and be able to perform calibration and documentation of functions pertaining to the key elements of: Flow Measurement, Level Measurement, Pressure, Temperature, Analytical Instrumentation; Must be able to troubleshoot process control loops – using key elements and specialized testing equipment
- Must have an awareness and be able to perform functions pertaining to: Terminating motor starters, control & power wires; Cut, thread, bend and install raceway, conduit and cable trays in an industrial setting; Install wire through raceway and cable trays.
- Maintenance and Isolation of various electrical power apparatus including Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers, High Voltage Transformers, Instrument Transformers, Grounding Systems, Meters, Relays.
- Interpret electrical layout drawings, cable routing and schedule drawings as required while completing defined projects.
- Working knowledge of the processes in the department
- Basic computer and math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team-based environment
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication
- Strong team player eager to support and share knowledge with the team to achieve the excellence in the team performance.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage variety of activities simultaneously
- Understands the impact of actions and decisions on both people and other parts of the organization.
- Strives for high standards of performance for self and/or others.
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly.
Written applications stating qualifications and employment history, quoting job title are to be emailed to Shanae.Jones@nyrstar.com
We look forward hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
For more information on Nyrstar, please visit www.nyrstar.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer